Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Megan Today



Notice her 2 bottom teeth in the next picture.


This is one of my favorite pictues.





There is so much happening that I know my post are all over the place. Last night Megan made her first trip to McDonald's. We went with Matt, Lynn & Candice. They took one cab and we took another. The bell hop let the drivers know we were together. I can not put into words how the driving is. No one has the right of way. There a bikes, people, mopeds and cars all on the rode. They basicly turn on their signal, honk and go were they want. Matt & Lynn's cab driver did not know which Micky D's to go to. Our cabbie pulled up beside him almost ramming into him to get his attention. He then yelled at him and took the lead. The cabs wanted to pass some cars so they went into on coming traffic to do it!! Chuck though the cab ride in Egypt was bad, he said China is worse. We did make it to Micky D's in one piece. The food was good. I guess McDonald's is the same everywhere. We ate there about 3 US dollars. Lynn was so freaked out that she would not take a cab back to the hotel. We walked which was about 20 minutes. The walk back was really nice and the girls enjoyed it. At least I can say I experienced the cab ride.

Once we returned back Genie (our guide) asked if anyone wanted to see the doctor. Since Lynn freaked me out a bit by saying she was not sure it was diaper rash Megan had we had the doctor come. Lynn thought it might be a parasite.

The doctor said that it is old diaper rash. Very severe. She has some sores that are scabbed over. The doctor said that she is healthy, happy and a pretty girl! Couldn't have a doctor make a "house call" for $20 at home.

Megan was cranky this morning. No smiles and she was very fussy. Her tummy was hurting. Once we got our first dirty diaper our happy girl was back.

She is taking her bottle well, but has not eaten anything else we were told. We have tried congee (rice that is boiled to dealth), noodles and scrambled egg. Tomorrow at breakfast we will try a steamed bun and steamed eggs. She did let me put some pieces of my bread in her mouth at lunch. I am not worried about the eating because she is taking the bottle well.

Both of my babies are napping. I should run and make some more bottles. Tonight we are having a group dinner out.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby , she takes after her grandpa Bridwell. 8 More days , a long wait.
Later , Love Dad !

Anonymous said...

Hi all Megan is so happy I love all the pictures I like the one with her in the stroller, Can't wait to see her & you two also. Next time you get into a cab you may want to keep your eyes closed. Love u Mom & Mike

Jim Arbuckle said...

Hi Chuck,

I've been on vacation myself so this is the first chance I've had to see/read your blogs. Cool stuff.
"It's a small world after all"

Good Luck, Jim Arbuckle

Eric said...

hey....chuck......hope your having a great time....the pic's look great.....

i would like for you to purchase for me about 50 dallors worth of rolex's...pay you when you get back....plus a little something extra.....your bud

glen wallace aka wally gator

catbertie said...

Our Penny had severe diaper rash when we received her in January. Destin works wonders!!!! Please say "hello" to Genie from Cathy, June and Penny!!!
blessings,
Cathy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you two have recived a beutiful little girl and her smile seems to brighten up everything around her. Have a safe trip home and enjoy china.
Love chuck's cousin
jessica,bryan and baby kelton

Anonymous said...

Chuck,
Just got back to work yesterday and everyone was telling me about you blog. She is so wonderful, enjoy her, the time goes by so quick. Just seems like I had Della yesterday and I am already back to work. I know you are getting lots of advice but I really like Palmers Butt Paste for rash.
Joella, and Della