Monday, April 2, 2007

Adoption Day

Here I am getting dressed for my adoption day. Today I am wearing a 3-6 month outfit. I really suck my bottle down so I might move into 6-9 month clothes very soon.




While Mommy and I were hanging out in the lobby Daddy keep taking our picture.


Finally we made it on the bus and away we went to the Civil Affairs office.



When we got there we had our first official family picture taken. The they took a picture of me for my passport. After that we met with an adoption official. Mommy and Daddy had to list their occupation, say why they wanted to adopt a baby from China and what my education would be. They said I could have as much education as I wanted. Let's see if Daddy is still saying that if I ask him to pay for my masters!

After that it was off to the notary office. The man there asked Mommy and Daddy to say their names. Then daddy said my name. He then asked if Mommy and Daddy were satisfied with me. He asked if Mommy and Daddy would ever abuse or adbanoned me. They said never. After that we were handed an official form that says Mommy and Daddy are my forever parents. I am officially adopted and part of the family for ever and ever!!



I really love my Daddy!

I can't wait to meet everyone. Mommy keeps telling me that I will have lots of fun people to play with.

Love,
Megan

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Megan is just beautiful. We look forward to seeing you again in a few days.

Anonymous said...

Awsome pictures . I'm so glad you can keep in touch.
I'll be out of town today. Until tomorrow take care of my granddaughter.
Love Dad !

Turner Girls said...

We are happy that it is "Official". We will be glad when the three of you are home. The girls miss you terribly. Can not wait to see you at the airport!

Turner Girls

Anonymous said...

Congradulations!!! To mommy, daddy, and to precious Megan!!! This is so exciting! God is so good!

DJ

http://dj-chocoholiclife.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see Megan for the first time at the airport!!! You guys have been the talk of the family. Everyone has been on here at least 2 times a day. Everyone is like "Did she blog some more?" Miss you lots and so does everybody eles!!! =)

Turners(Katie)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful we are so happy that it is official & now you are a family. Mommy Daddy & Megan. I love all the pictures & it is so neat to read the other comments. You have so many friends, God has really blessed you.
love & God Bless Mom & Mike

Anonymous said...

YEAH! ITS FINAL - AGAIN I CANT TELL YOU HOW HAPPY I AM FOR YOU, I GET GOOSEBUMPS JUST THINKING ABOUT IT! TO MEGAN.....YOU ARE SO LUCKY TO HAVE THE PARENTS THAT YOU CHOOSE BLESS YOU ALL AND BE SAFE!

VICKI HADLEY

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the family Megan!! We are so thrilled for all of you. We love the beautiful pictures and are following your adventures. Now the journey will really begin as a family of three. Take care and know we are thinking of you.

Love,
Mike, Holly and Hunter
Your VA Family

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!! What great photos! I am so happy for all three of you.
Love,
Billie

Anonymous said...

She is so incredibly beautiful. What an amazing journey. Thank you for sharing. Congratulations!!!!

Anonymous said...

You have me crying. Megan is so sweet. I can tell she already loves her Mommy and Daddy, and I'm so happy that it is official. She is so fortunate.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!! We are so happy for you and can't wait to see you all. Beautiful pictures, and when the time is right, the kids can't wait to meet her also. You will be so busy for awhile, but a wonderful busy! See you when you come back,
your friends,
Lisa, John and family