Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Happy Tuesday!



Daddy bought Megan a stroller. She thinks it is nap time whenever she goes for a stroll.



We (Chuck said I should say I) were messing around.




Megan "helping" me blog!


Not much to report today. We woke up to rain so our trip to the Botanical Gardens was cancelled. The group went shopping for jade, but we opted not to go. The group said that is was very expensive, so it looks like we did not miss anything.

Chuck ran out to pick up something that we had ordered. While he was out he said that he was talking to a woman. During the course of the conversation he told her that he was tired of living in a hotel. She said that she could get him a companion for the night. He said it took him a few for it to click what she was saying. He was like no, no I have a wife and baby at the hotel. We both were quite shocked!!

Megan is currently down for the night. Tonight I put her in her crib, pulled it by the bed and sat by her until she went to sleep. We both would really like her to be able to fall asleep on her own.

She is really starting to eat! I am not sure how much she should be eating, so we are winging it. Today she had a bottle (formula & 4 scoops of rice cereal) then a couple bites of scrambled egg. She had a small bowl of cereal mid-morning and then another bottle for lunch. She had a bottle around 3:30 and then ate half a jar of bananas around 5. About 7:30 she had some more cereal and then a bottle. Want to fill up that belly so she sleeps through the night!
Genie let us know that Megan's visa to the US has been approved. We were not worried that it wouldn't be approved. We will go to the US Consulate tomorrow afternoon to receive the visa and to take an oath.


We love reading all of your comments. Cathie Genie said to tell you, Penny & June Hi!

Tomorrow will be our last day here. We should be very busy tomorrow. We will be doing the famous red couch picture in the morning, I will post photos of that.
As you start your day it is off to bed for us. Good night.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Almost home!!!!!!!!!!
We can't wait to see her. She just gets prettier everyday. I have baby food here, so don't go buy alot of it. She looks like a natural at the computer. She is going to know what a blog is before I do.
Have a fun last day in China, the US wants you back.
Love
Karen and Dad

Anonymous said...

Good day,

Kayla is sitting on my lap, and I asked her if there is any thing she wanted to say " Welcome home Megan'' sorry a correction from Kayla '' Welcome home Chuck Aunt Wendi & Megan'. I told her you weren't home yet. I am to send it as told. Guess who's the boss? Looks like a nice day, maybe I'll get your grass cut today. I'll talk later. Not much room to type with Kayla sitting onthe desk.

Love Ya

Mom Dad & Kayla

theups said...

Enjoy your last day there!! It is so bittersweet leaving China. I really wanted to come home, but when we got home, I missed China!!! The time flew by sooo quickly there... so enjoy your last day and take it all in one last time!!!

His,
Mrs. U

Anonymous said...

WAITING!!! I copied one of the pictures of Megan & applied to my desktop at work, love looking at her she is so happy Vicki (work with) said she smiles all the time. Sound like she is eating just fine. I know you will be glad to get home but not going to enjoy the flight. Have fun.
Love Mom & Mike

Turner Girls said...

The girls can not wait to see you all. You are almost home with your baby. Enjoy your last day. We will see you Thursday.

Turner Girls

Anonymous said...

Hello from Rolls-Royce.
I get a lot of questions about our new granddaughter and your trip. I've shared this site with a few interested friends. I envy your experience. Only 53 more hours.
See you Thursday !

Anonymous said...

My DH Tom was propositioned while we were in Beijing by two prostitutes. He was quite shocked as well! Our guide sang Leaving on a Jet Plane for us on our way to the airport when we left China. I must admit that I cried quite a bit. Vonne Barnett member Indy South FWCC group.

catbertie said...

I can't wait to meet you all in person!!! We might try to make the airport to greet you- it's such fun to watch families come home and introduce the newest member to extended family.

Between you and me, you didn't miss much not going to the gardens!!!!
blessings,
Cathy